Certain pests manage to be a problem in both spring and fall. Stink bugs are one of the pests that Monmouth County pest control experts typically deal with. This invasive species, known as the brown marmorated stink bug, can become a big nuisance during fall as they gather on buildings looking for places to spend the colder part of the year.
Stink Bug Description
How do you know if you have a stink bug problem? If you see brown bugs with a shield-shaped body on the outside of your home, these are stink bugs. You might only see a few, or you could see dozens as temperatures get colder.
Dealing with Stink Bugs
If you do have stink bugs gathering on the exterior of your home, don’t squash them in order to get rid of them. These bugs get their name from the odor they emit from glands when their bodies are crushed. This odor can be highly unpleasant, especially if you’re sensitive to it. Instead of squashing these bugs, you can try to vacuum them up or rely on professional pest control experts to handle them for you, so they won’t leave a lingering odor on your home.
If you run into a problem with stink bugs this fall, please contact Allison Pest Control. We offer reliable Monmouth County pest control services to eliminate stink bugs and other pests in NJ.
Most people know about the “normal” cooler weather pests we typically see in New Jersey. However, did you know that there are some occasional pests you may see as well? These are bugs you might not expect to see in your home, and some of them can cause you to be alarmed. The good news is that there are a lot of ways to protect your property. As your Middlesex County pest control company, we’re always here to help.
Watch Out for These Occasional Pests
You’re careful to protect your home from mice, bats and bed bugs. However, you don’t want to overlook other pesky invaders. Once the weather gets cooler in New Jersey, don’t be surprised if you see:
Many of these are just a nuisance, but that doesn’t mean you want them taking up residence. A little maintenance is all it takes to seal up your home and keep them out.
Your Middlesex County Pest Control Company is at Your Service
Sometimes even the best pest prevention efforts don’t work. That’s why Allison Pest Control is here for you. We know how frustrating it is to deal with a pest control problem. Please don’t try to handle it yourself. You could inadvertently make the situation much worse.
If you run into any of the above pests this fall and winter, please contact us immediately!
Thanks for checking back for part two in our series on pest-proofing your home for the fall season. As your Monmouth County pest control company, we’re here to help you keep your house as pest-free as possible. We have even more tips that you can begin utilizing right away to protect your property.
More Pest-Proofing Tips
You’ll find that many of the actions you can take to prevent pests are really quite simple. For instance:
• Reduce the amount of hiding spaces near the exterior of your home that pests could have access to. Move firewood far away, keep your bushes trimmed, and get rid of any debris.
• Repair damaged screens in windows and doors. Also, install door sweeps to keep the space beneath your doorways secure.
• Check everything before bringing it inside your home. This includes boxes, and even bags from the grocery store.
• Don’t leave pet food dishes outside your home for a long time. Rodents love pet food.
• Install or repair gutters to make certain that they’re able to keep water away from your home.
Contact Your Monmouth County Pest Control Company For Assistance
Sometimes it doesn’t matter what you do, you’re still going to have pest control problems. That’s why you need the help of trusted professional exterminators. At Allison Pest Control we can assist you any time you run into a pest control problem. Contact us right away to get help.
The fall season is upon us, and many pests are just getting started with terrorizing NJ families and homes. As your Ocean County pest control company, we feel it’s our duty to help you pest-proof your home as fall approaches. We’d like to give you some ways you can keep your home pest-free in this two-part series.
Pest Proofing Tips You Can Use Right Away
There are ways you can protect your home from a pest invasion this fall. You should:
• Close up any holes on the exterior of your home. This might include screening your chimney, checking for gaps around windows and doors, and even closing up your animal entrance doors.
• Make sure any attics, crawl spaces or basements are dry. Many pests love moist spots, and this will deter them.
• Check spaces where utility pipes may enter your home. Seal up any holes to prevent mice from entering.
• Keep your kitchen as clean as you possibly can. Clean up spills as they happen.
• Check for loose mortar around windows and your home’s foundation. Make repairs as needed.
Help From Your Ocean County Pest Control Company
There’s a lot more you can do to protect your home from unwanted pests this fall. Check back here for the second part in this blog series. As always, here at Allison Pest Control you are our top priority. If you need Ocean County pest control contact us!