The fall season is upon us, and many pests are just getting started with terrorizing NJ families and homes. As your Ocean County pest control company, we feel it’s our duty to help you pest-proof your home as fall approaches. We’d like to give you some ways you can keep your home pest-free in this two-part series.
Pest Proofing Tips You Can Use Right Away
There are ways you can protect your home from a pest invasion this fall. You should:
• Close up any holes on the exterior of your home. This might include screening your chimney, checking for gaps around windows and doors, and even closing up your animal entrance doors.
• Make sure any attics, crawl spaces or basements are dry. Many pests love moist spots, and this will deter them.
• Check spaces where utility pipes may enter your home. Seal up any holes to prevent mice from entering.
• Keep your kitchen as clean as you possibly can. Clean up spills as they happen.
• Check for loose mortar around windows and your home’s foundation. Make repairs as needed.
Help From Your Ocean County Pest Control Company
There’s a lot more you can do to protect your home from unwanted pests this fall. Check back here for the second part in this blog series. As always, here at Allison Pest Control you are our top priority. If you need Ocean County pest control contact us!