The arrival of cooler weather in fall doesn’t just keep people indoors more. Pests also look for warm places where they can safely spend the colder months. You can lower your risk of having bugs or rodents in your home this fall with these pest control tips.
• Look for cracks and gaps in your home’s exterior. If you find any, seal them up to prevent pests from getting in. Don’t forget to seal the gaps around pipes on the outside of your home.
• Keep stacks of firewood away from your home’s exterior to discourage termites, mice and other pests from getting close to your house. Firewood should be no closer than 20 feet away from your home.
• Put food in containers that pests can’t get into, such as plastic airtight ones. This helps keep pests from entering your home in search of food and sticking around if they find any. Also, empty your garbage on a regular basis to keep pests at bay.
• Replace damaged screens on your windows and doors. Pests can easily get in through rips or tears.
• Have a Freehold exterminator come to your home for a pre-winter inspection and to identify any vulnerabilities you may have.
If you do end up with a pest problem, contact Allison Pest Control for help. We’ll send a Freehold exterminator to your home to handle any pest infestations you have.