New Jersey is home to many types of pests that can invade residential buildings, including rats, ants, cockroaches and spiders. In order to protect your home from these critters, keep the following pest prevention tips in mind.
- Determine the most common pests. Knowing which types of pests are most likely to enter your home can help you take specific measures to stop them. Getting in touch with your local NJ pest control company can help you find out what the most common pests are in your area.
- Reduce moisture. Many pests are attracted to moisture in your home. Moisture can also cause decay, making it easy for insects and other pests to enter.
- Block openings. Seal up any gaps, holes and cracks you have in your home to make it harder for pests to get inside.
- Trim bushes and shrubs. Keeping these away from your home’s exterior can discourage mice and other pests from coming near your home and finding a way inside.
- Protect inaccessible spaces. Pests prefer building nests in areas that are hard to reach, such as false ceilings and other open yet inaccessible spaces. Make sure these areas are well-protected from pests by consulting NJ pest control professionals.
If you need additional information on preventing pests in your home, contact Allison Pest Control. We provide effective NJ pest control services for homeowners with insect, rodent or wildlife problems.