It’s a well-known fact that bed bugs appear in beds, but did you know that bed bugs do not always LIVE in beds?
Bed bugs are masters at keeping themselves hidden and in places such as hotels and motels, it is not uncommon for bed bugs to hide in other locations other than a bed which is why everyone must be careful and keep their eyes out for the little pests when they travel.
When traveling this holiday season, it’s important to check for hidden bed bugs to keep your family safe. Here are places other than the bed in a hotel or motel where bed bugs could be hiding…
- Along the baseboards and at the edge of the carpet.
- In the seams or folds of the curtains.
- In the dresser or nightstand, especially tucked along the interior edges or on the bottom side.
- That bedside Bible may contain more than verses…check the binding and pages for bed bugs or suffer the wrath of hungry bed bugs.
- Headboards are increasingly difficult to check because most are secured to the wall. Bed bugs love to congregate behind headboards waiting for a nighttime snack.
- That mirror on the wall may have bed bugs big and small, waiting for darkness to fall when they will come out and crawl.
- Bed bugs are known to hang out in electronic equipment such as clocks, remote controls, televisions, and IPod docking stations.
If you are unfortunate and bring bed bugs from your traveling adventures, you will need the expert help of a Monmouth County, NJ exterminator like Allison Pest Control.