Occasionally, Freehold exterminators get called to exterminate spider infestations that have gone completely out of control. Spiders can be a nuisance and even a menace at times. If you have a spider infestation in your home, it’s important to know how to control it. By doing a little bit of work, you can prevent these pests, and even rid yourself of them before their populations get too high.
Do It Yourself Spider Management
There are several things you can do to rid your home of spiders. These include:
• Get rid of piles on the exterior of your home. Examples might be wood piles, leaf piles, etc.
• Clean your home regularly, but always wear rubber gloves to protect yourself against bites from hard-to-spot spiders.
• Move items around in garages and basements to disturb their habitats.
• Vacuum spiders and their webs from corners, ceilings, and under furniture.
• If you have mercury vapor lighting on the exterior of your home, switch to sodium vapor lighting to discourage flying insects (also known as spider food).
Pesticides don’t always work very well, and even if they do, they’re toxic to you and your family. The best way to get rid of a large spider infestation is by contacting your Freehold exterminators, Allison Pest Control.
Don’t let spiders overtake your home. While some are beneficial, many can be dangerous. Contact us today for help!