If you’re worried about bed bugs, you’re not alone. Middlesex County NJ pest control companies are dealing with more and more cases of these biting pests. Before you panic about bed bugs, though, keep the following tips in mind to stay calm.
Don’t Assume You Have Bed Bugs
If you see small, dark-colored bugs in your home, they’re not necessarily bed bugs. Other pests, such as bat bugs, have a similar appearance to bed bugs. You can’t tell from bite marks either. Spiders, some ants, and other pests can also leave bite marks on your skin.
Don’t Switch Sleeping Areas
You might be tempted to sleep elsewhere if you wake up with bite marks or see bed bugs in your bedroom. However, keep in mind that bed bugs can follow you to other areas, causing a more widespread infestation. Use a bed bug mattress cover and clean your bed linens in hot water to protect yourself from additional bites.
Don’t Toss Your Belongings
Throwing out furniture and other items that you think are infested could allow bed bugs to spread to other areas or to other people’s residences. Let professional pest control experts determine if you have an infestation first.
If you think you have a bed bug problem, you’ll need reliable help from Middlesex County NJ pest control companies. Contact Allison Pest Control to learn more about our bed bug services.
As the number of bed bug incidents grows in the NJ and NYC area, it’s important for you to know as much as you can about these pests. Keep the following information in mind, and get in touch with the best NJ exterminator if you see any bed bugs in your home.
1. Bed bugs are good at staying hidden. You might have more than you realize, since these pests can hide in the smallest crevices.
2. Bed bugs usually feed at night. They tend to target areas where your skin is uncovered, such as your face and hands. You probably won’t feel bites during feeding, but they can become red and itchy afterwards.
3. Bed bug bites vary. Some people have mild reactions, while others have more serious ones. Some people experience symptoms right away, while others don’t notice a reaction until a few days later.
4. Bed bugs don’t spread MRSA, a serious illness, although they can carry other pathogens, such as Chagas disease and hepatitis B.
5. Bed bugs can cause emotional distress. Some people develop anxiety and insomnia from having to deal with these pests in their homes.
Don’t wait for a bad bed bug infestation to get even worse before seeking help from the best NJ exterminator. Call Allison Pest Control, and we’ll help rid your home of these pests so you can sleep peacefully.
Bed bugs can quickly and easily become a big problem in your home and put your family at risk of being bitten. Thankfully, there are several steps you can take to protect your home from these bloodsucking pests. Keep in mind that if you have a bed bug problem already, it’s best to have a professional pest control company in Freehold help you out. Use these tips to lower your risk of getting bed bugs.
• Check and change bed linens often
Look for signs of bed bugs, such as the tiny black specks that they leave behind. Wash and change your sheets, blankets and other bedding often to lower your risk of having bed bugs.
• Inspect secondhand furniture and clothes
Before buying any used items that could harbor bed bugs, check them for these pests. Otherwise, you could accidentally bring them into your home.
• Check hotel rooms
Check the bed and rug in your hotel room for bed bugs before settling in. Leave your suitcase closed and on a rack instead of putting it on the floor.
• Get rid of clutter Bed bugs can hide in piles of clutter around your home. Keeping it free of clutter can make it harder for these pests to find places to hide.
If you need to eradicate a bed bug problem, help from your local pest control company in Freehold is just a phone call away. Contact Allison Pest Control to learn more about our residential services.